In the coming 5 years’ plan of MOST, the following topics will be pursued:
1. pluripotent stem cell dry maintenance. Genealogy, development of lineage markers, cell type conversion molecular modeling and gene regulation patterns.
2. The organization of obtaining stem cells. For nerves, liver, blood, kidneys and other vital reproductive system, isolate adult stem cells, reveal homeostasis mechanisms, establish cell labeling and separation technology.
3. differentiation of stem cells and cell transdifferentiation mechanism. Establish large-scale cultivation of stem cells, directed differentiation and transdifferentiation specific to a particular cell line function; establish lineage markers and separation and purification techniques.
4. Mechanism of cells in vivo. Explore transplanted cells and tissues interactions, immune tolerance and immune regulatory mechanisms, clarify cell transplant mechanism.
5. organ reconstruction based on stem cells. Use differentiation of stem cells outside the body, combined with intelligent biomaterials, tissue engineering, embryo engineering, to achieve nerve, liver, kidneys, reproductive system and other tissues, organs recycling.
6. stem cell repository. establishment of a representative sample library and associated diseases repository of stem cells; build patient-derived pluripotent stem cell lines, carry out high-throughput drug screening and gene therapy research.
7. stem cells pre-clinical evaluation. Established animal models of human diseases, including non-human primates, carry out stem cell transplantation in animal models including safety evaluation and long-term effectiveness.
8. transformation and application of stem cells. Stem cell therapy research, access to key technologies which can regulate stem cell proliferation, differentiation and function, promote the transformation and application of stem cells in the nerves, liver, blood, kidneys, reproductive and other fields.
China Bio news release, March 2, 2015